The Royal HousesEdit
There are five major Noble Houses within the Known Worlds. There are:
These five houses were the ones that remained in power of the Emperor Wars and Vladimirs ascension to the throne.
There are also several minor houses, alomost all of whom owe some fealty to a major House. Each of these houses are detailed in Lords of the Known Worlds.
- House Juandaastas mainly on Criticorum and Gwynneth
- House Justinian mainly on Midian
- House Keddah mainly on Grail
- House Masseri mainly on Leminkainen and Cadavus
- House Shelit on Hira
- House Thana with no power base (Not even on Eridol)
- House Torenson with no power base
- House Trusnikron mainly on Ravenna and Cadavus
- House Van Gelder mainly on Malignatus and Cadiz
- House Xanthippes mainly on Luna, Holy Terra, Aragon, and Cadavus
There are more lesser houses, often only holding power on one world. Unlike the previous houses, there is little actual canonical informatino on these houses, beyond their names and where they hold fiefs.
- Basque on Cadiz
- Cameton on Byzantium Secundus
- House Chauki on Iver
- D’Rogue Glace on Rampart
- The De Moley on De Moley
- Dunama on Istakhr
- Gilgar on Pandemonium
- Lambeth on Byzantium Secundus
- Ramakrishna on Hagard and Shaprut
- Sacrananka on Byzantium Secundus
- Setevis on Byzantium Secundus
- Vasalayana on Leminkainen
There are three houses believed to have become extinct.